Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
- Most men think in straight logical lines. They shake their heads at my thought process which I call circular thinking. Some of the best thinking is circular thinking. In fact, I love sending others quotes and thoughts about the very feminine experience of (kind-of) ending up where we began … but being different for having circled around an idea and made it our own. Men would call this crazy thinking; I call it intuitive, creative and right-brained.
- People look at me, their eyebrows shoot up, their mouths drop open and they sputter,
”YOU had 9 children??”
This is because I am 5’ 1” and weigh 104 lbs. I was pregnant or nursing for 17 years without a break. I have been pregnant 10 times and I am healthy and happy and I have my BBB back. (That would be my Before Babies Body).
- My husband and I raised 9 children on a hobby farm and discovered fulfilment and joy. We raised chickens, pigs and calves, and grew a huge garden.
- When the words The Joy Of Mothering on a Hobby Farm popped into my head as a subtitle for my short stories it was like an epiphany for me because those few words verbalized my experience living with little people. The very existence of a joyful mother of nine children seems to confound people.
- Living on the margins of society, I love quirky, intellectual nerds with a sense of humour. I often laugh in the face of tragedy. It works for me.Only my parents really get my humour.
The times I have laughed the hardest concern my husband and bathtubs. Once Michael was stuck in a too small bathtub, trying to rinse his hair with a princess shower head without getting any water on the floor. The second hilarious incident was when he was stuck in a cold bath, with his leg sticking straight out in a cask, while I attempted to haul him up! Both times I laughed so hard that I ended up on the floor. My husband did not even smile.
- The definitive bookworm. I read at least 5 books a week till I was 15, stopping only if I had too much homework to keep it up. My mother used to beg me on nice summer days to , “At least read outside!” Sometimes, to limit my late night reading, I have read perched on the edge of a cold tub, only to realize 2 hours later that I am frozen and can hardly walk.
How about YOU?
8 thoughts on “None of Us Are ‘Normal””
You are adorable! I love reading your posts…
🙂 that’s because I lived with kids for so long and I am short- you can get way with a lot if you are a short, joyful person
That’s abnormally normal if you think it to be right.
I like your tendency to humorise any given incident. I guess that makes you unique.
LikeLiked by 1 person
laughing- good insight
LikeLiked by 1 person