An Award should be similar to a stone thrown in a lake
with ripples of influence continuing forever.
Last month I was meticulous, following all the rules and listing 10 nominations for each Award. This months I have freebies. Now at first glance this seems marvelous however, when it is up to writers to decide which award fits them, it is much more difficult, Sorry but so be it. This is all I have in me this month.
Please, though, no false modesty or my plan will backfire; the idea of awards is to offer encouragement, inspiring others to even greater heights of writing perfection and to connect with the community of bloggers.
- Thank-you to Yoshiko who has awarded me with Bunch of Awards. I’m honoured and privileged to receive this. This brightens my heart.
Awarding the people who live in the moment, The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered – Savoring the experience of quality time.
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awards! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them of the great news.
I am forever grateful to blogging and the many other writers and readers for welcoming me into a vibrant world of blogging. Blogging thawed out my writing skills.
Before I started blogging, I closeted myself in a room to sit down and write. Then, I froze. I considered writing to be a solitary craft but looking at a blank screen or talking into thin air was a sterile exercise in futility for me. I could not translate the same creative energy that I experienced telling a story verbally to the keyboard. My intuitive, imaginative side stayed buried and my logical intellect wrote boring drivel.
Somehow I heard about the existence of blogs, blogging sites and blogging directories and I snapped to attention. Suddenly, I was thinking up a username, a title for a blog, looking at templates and design and layout. All these activities loosened up my creativity while I sat typing
It was like an invisible barrier slowly melted, allowing my imagination to bubble up in a stream of written words that felt just as exhilarating as my oral tradition. I was excited to start sharing written stories with other people, people who would read them, respond, comment and give me feed back on what I had written. Within weeks, I was no longer an island but part of a community of other writers who had the very same insecurities and problems as I did.
A salute to a fraction of the bloggers who read, encourage and inspire me with the Loyal Reader Award. Please bless YOUR faithful readers and pass this award on.
Lets start a wave of kindness!
how the Rose of Kindness award began.
Today I stumbled across an amazing blog. It is a blog about kindness…. http://kindnessblog.com
Please pop in there. Let’s all think about “kindness” and make it our goal to perform just one special act of kindness every day! It has to be a special act of kindness that actually takes an effort.
Vic was a kind and generous person. Her legacy is one of kindness and generosity. So I have come up with an award… The Rose of Kindness Award. I would like to add that we need to remember that our existence here is fragile, and we never have as much time with people as we think we do. If there is someone or someone’s out there that you love, don’t neglect that and don’t put off engaging with them because death waits for no-one… Be kind and gentle. Cherish your relationships remember to be kind…. Pay it forward!
Rules of the Rose of Kindness Award
- Add the Rose of Kindness Award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Nominate 13 (my lucky number) bloggers whose kindness you have experienced
- Post why you are nominating each of your nominees
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them
- Suggest one special act of kindness that the world may benefit from
So, here is the award, its rules and next steps: Enjoy!
Thanks to Yoshiko for being super sweet and nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award! I appreciate this special honor and opportunity!
Rules for this award include:
– Thank the super sweet blogger who made the nomination.
– Nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers:
I have been nominated for the ABC Blog Award byhttp://eyedancers.wordpress.com/ – thank you! So as the rules dictate I use every letter of the alphabet – eeek! – I am sharing iota’s of things that mean something
And I am passing all this bunch to anyone reading this post who wishes to “play it forward”
was awarded the Inner peace Award separately from Yoshiko. This award is free to increase peace in the blogging world, Award it often.
I am a four-year-old terrier mix with a heart of gold and lots of stories of joy to share with the world.
This adorable dog shares a wealth of wisdom, always written cheerfully. he offered this creative award to anyone who felt it applied to them. Well, I don’t know how creative i am BUT I love that shoe, not that i could ever wear something like that but it makes a great badge.
- THE LOYAL READER AND WONDERFUL TEAM MEMBERSHIP AWARDS!!
THE LOYAL READER AND WONDERFUL TEAM MEMBERSHIP AWARDS!! were given TO ME by a wonderful photographer, daddy and husband at
iT IS NOT A CHORE TO SUPPORT THIS BLOGGER BECAUSE HIS PHOTOS ARE AMAZING AND HIS WORDS ARE HUMOUROUS AND UPLIFTING. Thank you all for your continued support of our blog. It’s greatly appreciated. I wish you all the best as we continue this journey together, ANYONE READING THIS POST IS WELCOME TO PICk UP THIS AWARD AND PASS IT ON TO YOUR DEVOTED READERS
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Very Inspiring Blogger Award is awarded to inspiring writers, naturally.
The rules of the award are as simple:
1. Link back to the blog
2. Post the award image to your page. See above.ger who nominated you. Accomplished in paragraph one.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. Hmmm. Here goes…
- I am 5’ 1” and weigh 104 lbs.
- I was pregnant or nursing for 17 years without a break. This was the price I was happy to pay for 9 children and 2 grandchildre, with 2 more on the way. I am healthy and happy and I have my BBB back. (That would be my Before Babies Body).
- God has healed every aspect of my being in spite of myself.
- I love gardening, renovating our 1881 home and hauling rocks for stone, dry, stack walls.
- After taking a 30-year sabbatical, I am back writing again. I was created for writing; as I write I feel alive, connected to my deepest, true self, I am joyful and the words simply flow naturally. I truly write with my finger tips not my brain.
- I love a strong cup of black tea with milk, dry red wine, butter tarts, cilantro and avocado,and humus dip with vegetables.
- I love my husband, kids, grandkids and kids-in-law. The most enjoyable time is when we all gather around a long diningroom table and eat, tease, laugh and love one another.