Once I start thinking of what I have to be grateful for, I could go on forever. Perhaps that is why I am basically joyful. Afterall that is what everyone from cognitive therapists to priests during sermons to self help gurus keep trying to get through our heads. When we are thankful and grateful, we are happier and more content. Period.
I even read a book, written by a monk, that claims that gratitude is the key to opening the door to the spiritual life. I have discovered that this is true. So come with me. Stop for a moment and think of just a few of the hundreds of things that you are grateful for and join us with a gratitude list of your own.I will help get your mind moving in the right direction..
My Gratitude List
- I am happy that I have all my limbs, that I breathe on my own, that I can see and hear and basically that my body is healthy
- I am of sound mind….. ummm . that depends on who you are talking to but from my perspective, I am in deed of sound mind.
- Somehow we managed to raise 9 great kids and I am proud of each one of them, even slightly flabbergasted that they turned out so well
- I am grateful to be the grandmother of 4 and three quarters grandchildren who are strikingly gorgeous!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
7 thoughts on “Gratitude: The Secret Key to Happiness”
This is a great post. Thanks for sharing. I love asking my son what he is thankful for everyday because I couldn’t make up some of the things is says, but he has a point. Everything is magical, we just forget that when we grow up. Cheers!
I should quote that..love it
Great list, Melanie! 🙂
I will post it on Blogher tomorrow
Hm, I also think that before being thankful, knowing that you can choose to be happy even in a chaotic environment is also an important step in finding happiness! 🙂